WHAT DOES IT COST?
Upward Personal Finance is a fee-only financial planning firm that charges an hourly rate based on the size and scope of your specific needs. Our goal is to save our clients money by avoiding common fees typically charged by other financial institutions and by helping them plan and take action for a better financial future. We tailor a cost breakdown after meeting with you during our free introductory 30-minute consultation.
Full Financial Plan
A Full Financial Plan involves six sessions each lasting 60-90 minutes:
- Discovery session: Goals setting exercise and discussion to identity 3-5 short- and long-term goals.
- Where are we now session: Balance sheet and net worth exercise and discussion.
- Spending session: Cash flow analysis and budget creation exercise and discussion.
- Debt session: Bad vs. good debt and how to manage debt exercise and discussion.
- Tools session: Review of savings, investments, credit cards, insurance, estate planning, and taxes.
- Action items session: Review plan, set responsibilities, and assign timeline.
Cost: $200 per month with a full-year commitment ($2,400 total)
Newlywed Financial Plan
A Newlywed Financial Plan includes three 60-minute sessions with the couple to guide them on joining finances, making a budget, and developing a savings plan based on their specific goals. Clients purchasing this service will receive a written or an electronic report providing a detailed financial plan designed to achieve the couple's stated financial goals and objectives. This plan makes a great wedding gift!
Some clients may not need a Full Financial Plan and instead wish to hire us to complete a particular and focused project. For specific projects, an hourly fee is applied. Some of the topics covered may include:
- Cash Flow and Debt Management
- College Savings
- Employee Benefits Optimization
- Estate Planning
- Financial Goals
- Investment Analysis
- Retirement Planning
- Risk Management
Cost: $150 per hour